HomeBuilder - Do you qualify?
Last week the Government announced its HomeBuilder program that would see renovators and first home buyers receive $25,000 towards their renovations or building their first home.
So the big question is, do you qualify? The Treasury has outlined eligibility criteria as follows:
- You are a natural person (not a company or trust);
- You are aged 18 years or older;
- You are an Australian citizen;
- You are an owner-occupier
- You meet one of the following two income caps: $125,000 per
annum for an individual applicant based on your 2018-19 tax return or later; or
$200,000 per annum for a couple based on both 2018-19 tax returns or later;
- You enter into a building contract between 4 June 2020 and
31 December 2020 to either:
- build a new home as a principal place of residence, where the property value does not exceed $750,000; or
- substantially renovate your existing home as a principal place of residence, where the renovation contract is between $150,000 and $750,000, and where the value of your existing property does not exceed $1.5 million;
- Construction must commence within three months of the
If you would like more information on the HomeBuilder program, we recommend you take a look at the following resources:
If you qualify for the HomeBuilder grant, why not give us a call to start discussing your renovation plans? Let’s give that beloved old home the makeover it deserves!
Contact us to schedule a free quote.